We are committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors
In this policy we explain how we will treat your personal information in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation May 2018.
Collecting personal information
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- relating to the purchase of goods made by you through our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and payment details);
- provided by you when completing a Product Registration form on our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address, age range and general information relating to the product being registered);
- provided by you when submitting a Customer Service Enquiry form on our website (including your name, address, telephone number, email address and general information relating to the purpose of your enquiry); and
- contained in any communication that you send to us by email relating to our website (including your name and email address).
We also use third party cookies from Trustpilot on our website, in order to invite you to write reviews of our products and services.
Before disclosing to us the personal information on the behalf of another person, you must obtain that person’s consent to both the disclosure and the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
Using personal information
Personal information submitted to us through our website will be used for the purposes specified in this policy or on the relevant pages of the website.
We may use your personal information and/or transactional history to:
- administer our website and business;
- send you goods purchased through our website;
- send you email notifications relating to goods purchased through our website;
- send you email notifications on the completion of a Product Registration form on our website;
- send you email notifications on the submission of a Customer Service Enquiry form on our website;
- respond to any communication or enquiries made by you relating to our website;
- conduct market research;
- carry out customer analysis and profiling to better understand you and your needs;
- help improve the content, products and services offered; and
- identify products and services you may be interested in.
We will not supply your personal information to any third party for the purpose of their or any other third party’s direct marketing.
Disclosing personal information
We may disclose your personal information to any of our employees, officers or professional advisers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group of companies (this means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries) insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this policy.
We may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk); and
- to any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
Except as provided in this policy, we will not provide your personal information to third parties.
International data transfers
Information that we collect may be stored and processed in and transferred between any of the countries in which we operate in order to enable us to use the information in accordance with this policy.
Information that we collect may be transferred to the United States of America which does not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
Retaining personal information
This section sets out our data retention policy, which ensures that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information. Personal information that we process shall be kept for no longer than is necessary for the fulfilment of our business purposes only.
We will retain documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- if we believe that the documents may be relevant to any ongoing or prospective legal proceedings; and
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers.
All electronic financial transactions entered into through our website will be protected by encryption technology.
You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee (currently fixed at £10 GBP); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address).
We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
Please let us know if the personal information that we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated.
A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
Cookies may be either “persistent” or “session”: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until a set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed. Our website uses session cookies only.
For further information and advice on blocking, deleting or disabling cookies, please visit this website.
Blocking or deleting cookies will have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.