- I want to keep one cat in and allow free access to another cat?
This cat flap is selective entry only, you require the Cat Mate Elite ID Disc Cat Flap with Timer Control (305) which works with ID Discs but not implanted microchips.
- I have changed the batteries but now nothing works?
Please remove all batteries for at least 3 hours, replace with new good quality alkaline batteries.
- I have replaced the batteries. Do I need to reprogramme my cat/ ID Disc?
No, the information is retained.
- Does it work with a Cat Mate ID Disc?
Yes. This model is fully compatible with the Cat Mate ID Discs.
- My cat is not microchipped?
Please use a Cat Mate ID Disc on the collar.
- How do I know when the batteries need changing?
The Low Battery indicator will show (this will only work correctly with Alkaline batteries).
- How long do the batteries last?
Good quality alkaline batteries should last for 9 – 12 months for 1 cat.
- How do I put it in training mode?
Press and hold the ‘PROG’ button and within 3 seconds press and release the ‘4 WAY’ button. After 5 seconds the lock will unlock and the ‘PROG’ button should then be released. The ‘IN & OUT’ symbol will remain flashing.
- How many cats can I programme to the cat flap?
You can programme a total of 9 cats. However, only the first 3 will show on the display.
- The flap is not fully closing?
The screws either side of centre horizontal are too tight, try loosening a little.
- Can I set individual locking options for different cats?
No, this is only possible on the Cat Mate Elite ID Disc Cat Flap with Timer Control (305), this works with ID Discs but not implanted microchips.
- Can I set individual timed lock options?
No, the timed period applies to all cats.
- Can I get a replacement flap?
Yes, available on our website (Part No. 931).